Voice assistants have that unique robotic voice that makes them distinctly identifiable. However, that appears to be changing for the better. At least for Amazon Alexa.
Yes, Amazon has added new skills to its personal assistant. The developers will now be able to make Alexa respond to question in a happy or excited tone or disappointed or empathetic tone. This functionality will be available for the US users.
There are some unique situations that this can be used for your benefit. For instance, let us say you are playing a quiz with Alexa, and you answer a question correctly. Alexa can respond to you in a happy tone. It can reply in a dejected tone when you ask for a sports score, and your favourite team has lost or is trailing.
Here are a few examples –
It may be worthwhile to notice that Amazon released a newscaster voice option to Alexa last January. This has been made available in the US and Australian accents.
And yes, the Amazon Alexa will now be available on the cheapest things as well. It will now run on the devices running on the basic processors and the devices running on 1 MB of memory as well. That would mean Amazon Alexa may now run on your light bulbs, toothbrush, and even your toaster – griller. You can further expect smaller and smart devices like Echo Buds, Echo Loop and Echo Frames.
So, you are in for a change quite soon. Get ready to experience an Alexa home; everything around you responds to Alexa.
- Millions of Americans Have Moved Off Assistance. Does Trump Get Credit?
- Ewan McGregor and Ryan Murphy’s ‘Simply Halston’ Gets a First Look
- Disney Boss Bob Iger Says Tom Holland Owes Him a Beer for Saving Spider-Man
- How to Add Disney+ to a Vizio Smart TV
- In Russia: Funny Footage of Priest Sprinkling Holy Water on 100s of Worshippers
- The Lakers, the Clippers and a Rare Fight for L.A. Basketball Primacy
- Trump Administration Sees No Threat to Economy From Monopolies
- DMZ: Ava DuVernay Shares First Look at HBO Pilot
- Young Sheldon Had a Secret Big Bang Theory Cameo From Kaley Cuoco
- 6 Takeaways From the Democratic Debate in Nevada
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Hot Ones: The Game Show’ On TruTV, Where Teams Eat Extremely Hot Wings And Try To Answer Questions
- Syfy Sets Premiere Date For Vagrant Queen
- Gemma Atkinson debuts new ‘Shetland Pony’ look after ‘last minute’ BRITs 2020 makeover
- Peter Berg, ‘Narcos’ Showrunner Tackling Netflix Opioid Crisis Limited Series ‘Painkiller’
- Where’s Tom Steyer? A Few People in Las Vegas Were Wondering
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is Getting an Official Soundtrack Release
- How To Watch ‘Hot Ones: The Game Show’ Online
- Julie Walters, 69, opens up on secret cancer battle after surgery and chemotherapy
- The Matrix Soundtrack to Be Released on Vinyl Picture Disc
- ‘Good Times’ Star Ja’net DuBois Dies at 74