Voice assistants have that unique robotic voice that makes them distinctly identifiable. However, that appears to be changing for the better. At least for Amazon Alexa.
Yes, Amazon has added new skills to its personal assistant. The developers will now be able to make Alexa respond to question in a happy or excited tone or disappointed or empathetic tone. This functionality will be available for the US users.
There are some unique situations that this can be used for your benefit. For instance, let us say you are playing a quiz with Alexa, and you answer a question correctly. Alexa can respond to you in a happy tone. It can reply in a dejected tone when you ask for a sports score, and your favourite team has lost or is trailing.
Here are a few examples –
It may be worthwhile to notice that Amazon released a newscaster voice option to Alexa last January. This has been made available in the US and Australian accents.
And yes, the Amazon Alexa will now be available on the cheapest things as well. It will now run on the devices running on the basic processors and the devices running on 1 MB of memory as well. That would mean Amazon Alexa may now run on your light bulbs, toothbrush, and even your toaster – griller. You can further expect smaller and smart devices like Echo Buds, Echo Loop and Echo Frames.
So, you are in for a change quite soon. Get ready to experience an Alexa home; everything around you responds to Alexa.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida