Voice assistants have that unique robotic voice that makes them distinctly identifiable. However, that appears to be changing for the better. At least for Amazon Alexa.
Yes, Amazon has added new skills to its personal assistant. The developers will now be able to make Alexa respond to question in a happy or excited tone or disappointed or empathetic tone. This functionality will be available for the US users.
There are some unique situations that this can be used for your benefit. For instance, let us say you are playing a quiz with Alexa, and you answer a question correctly. Alexa can respond to you in a happy tone. It can reply in a dejected tone when you ask for a sports score, and your favourite team has lost or is trailing.
Here are a few examples –
It may be worthwhile to notice that Amazon released a newscaster voice option to Alexa last January. This has been made available in the US and Australian accents.
And yes, the Amazon Alexa will now be available on the cheapest things as well. It will now run on the devices running on the basic processors and the devices running on 1 MB of memory as well. That would mean Amazon Alexa may now run on your light bulbs, toothbrush, and even your toaster – griller. You can further expect smaller and smart devices like Echo Buds, Echo Loop and Echo Frames.
So, you are in for a change quite soon. Get ready to experience an Alexa home; everything around you responds to Alexa.
- Doctor Who Season 12 Episode 4 Review: Nikola Tesla’s Night of Horror
- Batwoman Episode 10 Review: How Queer Everything is Today!
- Batwoman: Showrunner Caroline Dries on Kate Taking a Stand
- Watchmen Episode 6 Review: This Extraordinary Being
- The Walking Dead Season 10 Episode 8 Review: The World Before
- Jordan Peele on Taking Lupita Nyong’o to a Dark Place for ‘Us’ | Collider FYC
- The Walking Dead Season 10: Who Lives and Who Dies
- Chris Evans’ Apple TV+ Crime Thriller ‘Defending Jacob’ Gets First Images & Premiere Date
- Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Episode 8 Review: Rendezvous Point
- ‘Bad Boys for Life’ Directors Explain the Film’s Mid-Credits Scene
- Watchmen: Nostalgia Explained
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Amazing Stories’ Reboot Debuts First Image & Release Date Details
- Mr. Robot Season 4 Episode 8 Review: Request Timeout
- First ‘Central Park’ Image Reveals the New Animated Musical Series from the Creator of ‘Bob’s Burgers’
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Wants a Role on ‘The Boys’ If Season 3 Actually Happens
- Watchmen: Who is Captain Metropolis?
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Lights Up the Weekend Box Office with $59 Million Opening
- Watchmen: The Real History of Hooded Justice
- ‘Avenue 5’s Armando Iannucci & Nikki Amuka-Bird on How to Make a Catastrophe in Space Funny
- The Walking Dead Season 10 Episode 8 Ending Explained