A car was carrying a human heart for transplant. And it got a flat tire while on the move. That is where the Troopers came up for the rescue and literally delivered the heart to where it was destined to.
The car had three occupants – a surgeon, transplant coordinator and medical student. The time was a little around 4 am on Interstate 55. When the car got a flat, the major worry was about the condition of the human heart.
Like the hospital spokesperson made it clear – “There is about a 4- to 6-hour window of time for a heart to remain viable for surgery, and the team had already been travelling for approximately three hours,”.
Meanwhile, the Troopers arrived at the scene responding to a disabled vehicle call and found a precarious situation. They chose to transport the organ and the occupants of the car to the academic medical centre, where the surgery was to take place.
It may be noticed that the incident took place on Tuesday, but was posted by the Illinois Police today appreciating the great deed that the Illinois Police could show.
Thanks to the efforts and timely assistance extended by the Police, the doctors were able to undertake the surgery and provide the patient with a new heart. The saved life was indeed a wonderful show of duty and is appreciated by the public.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida