How To Fix Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the most prevalent health problems in industrial countries. According to epidemiological data, approximately 20 % of adults suffer from lower back pain (LBP) at least once in their life. This is why scientists are eager to find out how to fix back pain and who can help this disorder.
For decades, the gold standard for treating LBP was bed rest. However, modern studies indicate that it’s not practical in most cases (but may be helpful for short-term LBP). Fortunately, there are many other options available that you can try if your doctor prescribes them. Here are some valuable recommendations.
1) Try exercises for lower back pain.
2) If nothing helps after two weeks, you should see your doctor again. Sometimes it’s necessary to perform more sophisticated tests that will help determine the exact source of back pain.
3) You can enter the water for some time (or swim in the pool). It’s known that swimming is helpful for LBP and provides additional benefits due to weight loss.
4) Another option is Yoga or Tai Chi. They are practiced widely worldwide and provide lasting relief from lower back pain. The practice may last 6-12 months, so it makes sense to try if nothing else has helped you so far.
5) Lumbar traction is also an effective treatment for lower back pain because it reduces the pressure of intervertebral discs by stretching them. This is done by hanging on bars or special devices.
6) Finally, you can try acupressure massage, electrical stimulation, or laser therapy. Their usage may offer relief from back pain in some patients if performed correctly.
It’s worth mentioning that the treatment mentioned above options provides relief from chronic lower back pain relatively soon (in 13-25 weeks). Nevertheless, they are not a cure because people still have to cope with this disorder for years. There is now a practical solution for those unfortunate ones – stem cell therapy. It has helped thousands of people around the globe, and it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon!
How to relieve back pain fast:
When you have been experiencing back pain, it can spoil your mood and put a strain on relationships. In addition to the everyday discomfort, chronic pain can drain energy and be emotionally draining and physically debilitating.
Fortunately, there are many different ways you can relieve back pain very quickly indeed. The first thing you should do is use warm water therapy, which will open up blood vessels and improve circulation for a short period. It will also relax muscles, further relieving tension and stress around the area of the injury.
The next step would be to take some Epsom salt and add it to a nice hot bath containing plenty of water; make sure that the water is deep enough to soak in but not so profound that you cannot sit comfortably. You can then sit in the bath for up to half an hour, ensuring that the water is nice and hot – not too hot, though, as it can damage skin tissue, especially if you have any broken skin around the area of injury.
The last step would be to stretch out your back muscles after a nice warm soak, and this will further help relax them and make them more supple. There are many different stretches that you can do, but below I have listed three excellent ones which you should try:
Stretching your leg while keeping your bent knee pointing towards the ceiling with your toes pointed upwards, gently lean forward until a mild stretching sensation is felt in your calf or hamstring, depending on which one you are stretching. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds, repeat three times, then switch legs.
Stretching your leg while keeping your bent knee pointing towards the ceiling with your toes pointed upwards, gently lean forward until a mild stretching sensation is felt in your calf or hamstring, depending on which one you are stretching.
Slowly lower yourself onto all fours, allowing your heel to move towards the floor as far as comfortable gradually. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds before returning to an upright position with both feet flat on the floor once again. Repeat three times for each leg.
Stretching both arms out straight above head level, interlock fingers with palms facing outwards away from the body, bring hands down behind back keeping upper arm close to ear height and elbow slightly bent, hold the stretch for 10 seconds before relaxing arms back to starting position. Repeat three times.
You should repeat the stretching exercise three times throughout the day as it effectively relieves tension, stress, and pain in your muscles, both short-term and long-term, if done regularly. There are other ways you can alleviate back pain, but I believe that these are the most effective ones which you can easily do yourself to improve your condition over time.