Are you someone attempting to get yourself freed from heavy drinking? Or have someone in your family who is too addicted to the booze? Maybe you are in for good news that can help you cut down on the booze.
Scientists have come to a conclusion after a series of tests that Ketamine or just one-off dose of the drug can help reduce the visits to the bar to a considerable extent. A report in the Nature communications has cited the research by a team of University College, London proving it.
The drug shot makes use of the memory retrieval technique for rewriting the alcohol-related memories. It may be noticed that the drug Ketamine has been a recreational drug and has widely been used as an animal tranquilizer. These discoveries can be much helpful in devising the future plans of addressing the alcohol addictions.
To quote Mr. Ravi Das who is a psychologist at the University College, London, “There was a really big drop-off, which was maintained or got even better up to nine months [after treatment]. I was surprised by how effective it was.”
The theory used here is that every behaviour we have cultivated over the years has been due to some sort of learning. The technique of memory rewriting relies on the fact that these unhelpful memories can be unlearned. Addiction actually stems from the reward-seeking behaviour and the team behind these studies focussed on the removal of these rewards for achieving the right steps towards deaddiction.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida