Black Holes are normally formed when stars die. However, you may have something huge coming up your way. The scientists have discovered a new massive black hole. And this time it so huge and massive that it should never be there.
In fact, scientists believe that a black hole of that size should never really exist. “Black holes of such mass should not even exist in our galaxy, according to most of the current models of stellar evolution,” That is what Liu Jifeng says. He is the head of the team that discovered the new Black Hole.
The Black Holes are ideally not more than 20 times the mass of the Sun. However, the new discovery which has been labelled as LB-1 is massive by any standard. The new Black Hole has a mass of over 70 times than that of the Sun. The announcement was made by the Chinese Academy of Science press releases.
Scientists are now making an attempt at understanding why the Black Hole is so large. One of the theories being put forward suggests that the Black Hole was formed due to the collapse of more than one star. Yet another theory suggests that two black holes may have been orbiting each other.
Yet another possibility could be the fallback supernova. Scientists believe that the third option may be more of a possibility.
The newly detected Blackhole LB-1 is located at a distance of 15000 light-years away from the Earth.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida