Earth is one of the rarest planets, and you will find the presence of life practically everywhere. In fact, you would find life on earth even in the case of extreme conditions. Some examples would be tundras and deepest oceans. However, there is one unique place on earth where you would find no life at all.
And that should not mean the place has no natural resources that would help life to sustain. The place has plenty of water resources. The Dallol geothermal field in Ethiopia does not harbour any sort of life at all. The region has water in plenty – hot, saline, hyperacid ponds can be seen practically everywhere. Despite that, you would not find the presence of any sort of life.
This defeats the very idea that the theory of life has always stood on. The presence of water on a planet is considered to be the major criterion for habitability. However, the presence of no life here should defeat the very idea.
Well, the exact reason is entirely different. This reason has been a part of the volcanic crater. This region is full of salt and you will find a lot of toxic gases emanating out. The water keeps boiling because of hydrothermal activity within the region.
The latest study has confirmed the lack of life – any sort of microorganisms for that matter. The study is seen as a good option to understand the limitation of habitability. The study has also let us understand that there are places on earth that have been found to be highly sterile and does not sustain any life.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida