Thanksgiving Day in New York this year is expected to miss one of the major events. And the reason isn’t anything political or otherwise. If you are annoyed, you would need to blame it on the weather.
Yes, we are referring to the 16 giant balloons that have formed part of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The authorities have decided to cancel this year’s plans for the iconic balloons. The regulations have made it clear that the balloons cannot be flown if the winds exceed the speed of 23 mph. These regulations were formulated in 1998 after one of the balloons in 1997 had injured four people due to heavy winds.
The weather conditions forecast during the parade read 22 mph and gust of 39 mph. The winds may not exceed the regulation, but the gusts exceed the set regulations at 34 mph. Perhaps, the officials will keep checking the status of the weather conditions and take a call only after they reach a conclusion based on the monitoring.
The Macy’s Thanksgiving day falls on November 28 this year and we would expect the authorities to take a call by Thursday. The last time the Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons were grounded were in 1971.
If the balloons do not take off this year, it would indeed be a huge disappointment for the people who specifically gather to witness it.
- Facebook now lets you transfer your images to Google Photos
- Severe weather derails normal life in large parts of the US
- Ketamine dose can be the best option to cut down on the booze
- Arizona Flash Flood – Two children dead, one missing
- AMD launches Ryzen Threadripper Third Gen processors – Crushes Intel Core 10th Gen processors
- Car carrying heart for transplant gets a flat, Police help it deliver
- Scientists discover a massive Black Hole ever
- Ohio Park Fire – Several Animals lose their lives
- An Interstellar object is moving towards the solar system – NASA finds out
- Android 10 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S10 series – Check when you are likely to get it
- Google adds another 37 apps to its Play Pass program
- Russian military launches a surveillance satellite to keep an eye on other satellites
- Alexa becomes more humane and works even with the cheapest devices now
- You may have compromised your personal information on Facebook and Twitter
- This place on earth has no life at all
- New York Woman Bodybuilder pins down the home intruder
- Best Black Friday deals for 2019
- Venus and Jupiter to have a rare conjunction this Sunday
- This year’s thanksgiving day is likely to be without the iconic balloons
- The dog drives the unmanned car in Florida