Twitter has made an announcement on Monday that their personal information may have been compromised if they have used the platform to sign in to a few Android applications. Similarly, Facebook also has claimed that its users who are logging in to the apps through Facebook to a few applications on Google Play Store.
These companies have received reports from the security research firms about an SDK developed by OneAudience. The report suggests that this SDK has a few malicious coding that provides access to personal data to third-party apps.
The personal data that the SDK lets the third-party apps to have access to would include access to email addresses, usernames, and other important data. The apps would also have access to the latest tweets of the people who have used the Twitter account to sign in to the apps. Some of these apps are Giant Square and Photofy.
This vulnerability can be a serious concern as it would empower a third person to have access to your account. Of course, there has been no proof to show that something of that sort has ever happened. However, the possibility cannot be undermined.
Twitter has indicated through its blog post that it will analyse the accounts and will intimate the users who may have been affected. It also reiterated that the issue has been brought to the attention of Google and Apple. While Twitter has explicitly mentioned Google Play Store and the apps available on it, it has also stated that there is no evidence to indicate any such occurrence on iOS devices – at least as of now.
If you have signed in to any of the apps through Twitter and doubt your personal data has been compromised, it may be the right time you revoke the access right away.
- TimesVideoImmigration Protests Disrupt DebateProtesters opposing U.S. immigration policy drowned out former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s closing remarks, momentarily bringing the event to a halt.By The New York Times
- ‘Visible: Out on Television’ Gets into Why ‘Golden Girls’ and ‘Designing Women’ Are LGBTQ Cultural Icons
- Aaron Sidwell: EastEnders star threatened at knifepoint near home warns ‘be aware’
- ‘Miss Virginia’ on Netflix: Uzo Aduba Stars in the True Story of Education Advocate Virginia Walden Ford
- Video: Chinese Pet Owners Walk Their Dogs in Balconies Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Protesters Denounce Biden’s Immigration Record at Democratic Debate
- Legends of Tomorrow Cast and Crew on If a Key Arrow Character Could Return
- ‘Narcos: Mexico’ Season 2 Episode 5 Recap: With Friends Like These…
- Respawn Ignored Bugs to Get Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Out For The Holidays
- Millions of Americans Have Moved Off Assistance. Does Trump Get Credit?
- Ewan McGregor and Ryan Murphy’s ‘Simply Halston’ Gets a First Look
- Disney Boss Bob Iger Says Tom Holland Owes Him a Beer for Saving Spider-Man
- How to Add Disney+ to a Vizio Smart TV
- In Russia: Funny Footage of Priest Sprinkling Holy Water on 100s of Worshippers
- The Lakers, the Clippers and a Rare Fight for L.A. Basketball Primacy
- Trump Administration Sees No Threat to Economy From Monopolies
- DMZ: Ava DuVernay Shares First Look at HBO Pilot
- Young Sheldon Had a Secret Big Bang Theory Cameo From Kaley Cuoco
- 6 Takeaways From the Democratic Debate in Nevada
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Hot Ones: The Game Show’ On TruTV, Where Teams Eat Extremely Hot Wings And Try To Answer Questions