Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Maryland Man Arrested 44 Years After the Cold Murder Case of Vickie Lynn Belk

Andre Taylor, 63, a Maryland man, has been taken into custody after the brutal murder of Vickie Lynn Belk 44 years ago.

Maryland man

Vickie Lynn Belk (Photo: Fox34)

The Indictment of the Maryland Man

Andre Taylor, a 63-year-old Maryland Man, has been arrested and indicted by Charles County Sheriff Troy Berry for the alleged crimes of first-degree murder, first-degree rape, and second-degree rape. The charges are in relation to the tragic assault and death of Vickie Belk.

According to the True Crime Daily, the Sheriff’s Office revealed the Maryland Man was blamed for her disappearance to the Prince George’s County Police Department on August 28, 1979. Belk’s boyfriend stated that they had last seen each other at their workplace, the Department of Agriculture, the day before. However, Belk never returned to her home in Suitland.

Meanwhile, during the period when Vickie Belk met her tragic fate, it is said that the Maryland man resided merely a few miles away from the location where her lifeless body was discovered. At the time, the Maryland man was just 18 years old.

Fox 5 DC reported that investigators faced considerable challenges in tracking down the Maryland man due to his lack of a known address. However, with the assistance of multiple law enforcement agencies, he was eventually located in Washington, D.C.

Following his arrest on June 22, the Maryland man was extradited to Maryland to face the charges against him.

Maryland man

Andre Taylor (right) Photo: Daily Express US

Read more: Alabama Woman Disappears After Reporting A Child Along The Highway, Investigation Still Ongoing

The Maryland Man’s Fate 44 Years After the Murder

In a major breakthrough, officials in Charles County, Maryland, have successfully cracked a decades-old murder case that remained unsolved for 44 years. This remarkable achievement was made possible by leveraging cutting-edge forensic DNA technology, leading to the crucial arrest of the Maryland Man.

On the other hand, according to WSAZ 3, the family of the victim has finally found some solace. In a press conference held on Thursday, they expressed their gratitude to everyone involved in the arrest of the Maryland Man and paid tribute to the life of Vickie Belk.

The long-awaited resolution to this case brought a sense of closure and relief to the grieving family.

Also read: Baltimore’s Gun Trace Task Force To Be Featured In The “I Got A Monster” Documentary

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like


A convicted felon in California was arrested after he tortured and hostage two women and staged it as burglary. Convicted Felon Tortured and Kidnapped...


The application for the program, Rise Up Cambridge, in Massachusetts will begin on June 1 and will end on July 31 and qualified residents...


Police authorities arrested a man in Oklahoma after he was accused of raping and killing his 18-year-old graduate who was about to graduate from...

Us News

News from Springfield, Illinois is that a bill that would require public restrooms in Illinois to be available to both genders is coming under...